Minister of Missions John King provided the following information about Temple Baptist Church’s upcoming mission outreach.
On Friday, Nov. 2, 2012, Temple will send out three members to equip and encourage church planters and pastors in our strategic focus region in South Asia*. This is the fifth short-term mission team we have sent to our serve in that area, which is home to almost 70 million lost people. Though the task is enormous, it is exciting to look back at how God has used us to make an eternal impact for the Kingdom of God.
Here are some ways your prayers have been answered since we began our prayer focus two and a half years ago:
- Our teams have been a part of training six different groups of 15-20 church planters serving all across the state. This training has equipped them with the basics of how to study and teach the Scriptures, and how to start healthy churches.
- The cross-cultural missionary team serving in our focus region has gone from one family to five, in addition to long with several singles.
- The number of local evangelical partners in our focus city has gone from one to dozens.
- We have helped our missionary partners identify a church planter from a people group that was previously unengaged.
- And with at least two of our Temple Tech students considering future service in the region, this might just be the start!
Church family, thank you so much for praying for our strategic focus region and city! Please continue to pray for these church planters, who risk their livelihoods to advance the Gospel. Please keep remembering our long-term IMB personnel and their families, who have given up so much to live out the message of Christ among the lost. And please pray for God to continue to raise up laborers who will commit their lives to making disciples in South Asia (Matthew 9:37-38).
Though Internet connections are a little spotty, we will try to keep the blog updated every couple days, so you can pray for the ongoing work and celebrate with us!
*Specific details omitted for security reason.