The annual disaster training sessions for Rolling Hills Ministries are scheduled for Saturday, April 21, 2012, at Temple Baptist Church, 1515 South Service Road East, Ruston, La.
A free banquet will be held Friday, April 20, at 6:30 p.m. The guest speaker will be Mickey Caison of the North American Mission Board.
Training sessions will run from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, April 21. The cost for new volunteers is $20, which includes a shirt, hat and identification badge. Sessions will be free for volunteers with a current disaster relief ID badge, but a charge of $5 will apply if a badge has to be updated.
Training sessions will include the following topics:
• Chaplain Training (Friday and Saturday) (must be affiliated with a Southern Baptist Church)
• Operation Stress First Aid (must have prior chaplain training)
• Yellow Hat Feeding
• Yellow Hat Chainsaw/Ropes and Tree Jack
• Blue Hat (Must meet qualifications and be referred)
• Mud out/Ash Out (following wildfires)
• Water Purification
• Basic Volunteer (taught by the American Red Cross) for anyone who would like to serve in disaster relief on a more basic level.
For more information, go to http://www.rollinghillsministries.com/pages/news.php?id=25.