Minister of Missions John King provided a list of seven reasons to participate in the next “Released” session, which will be held Jan. 29, 2011, from 3 to 5 p.m.:
- To see Dr. Rick sweat!
- To meet people from other groups within the church.
- To enjoy the great food.
- To serve alongside other generations.
- To learn about organizations Temple partners with to serve Ruston.
- To get some good exercise.
- To honor Christ by loving people in our community.
Be sure to sign up by Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2011.
Of course, item 7 is the most significant reason for Temple’s sponsorship of “Released” each fifth Sunday. Sharing Christ’s love through hands-on activities takes Temple’s people outside the walls of the church building. That’s why we cancel evening activities on those Sundays, with members encouraged to volunteer their efforts in ministry to individuals and organizations in the Ruston area.
One of the groups that benefits from “Released” volunteers’ efforts is the Boys and Girls Club. The video below contains testimonies from Temple deacon Matt Barham and club representative Sabrina Jones.